2011年8月2日火曜日

coffee beans and cement rain

I like my coffee bitter and my rain sweet. 
Out on the porch with my mug of coffee, I would watch the rain fall hard on the orange soil. The dust that lingered in the air would drop to the damp earth, captured in the droplets of water. As the orange earth moistened, it turned to a rich dark red. The earth would darken as the leaves on the trees lighted with refreshing green. In a way to thank the heavens for the reviving rain, the earth would sweeten the air with its rich aromas. It filled my lungs, watered my mouth, and seeped into the core of my bones. The sweet scent of Africa is all you need with a cup of dark freshly grounded coffee. 
Here in Japan, I have the dark coffee from Rwanda... but only the cement rain to accompany it.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿